Re: about installing oracle

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chen Yabing" <chenyabi comp nus edu sg>
To: <psyche-list redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 4:58 AM
Subject: about installing oracle

> anybody having experience on installing oracle on redhat?
Of course

> I've tried to install oracle 9i on redhat 8.0. but when I run the
> install command "./runInstaller" under Disk1,
> I got a error msg: "line 58: ./runInstaller: cannot execute binary
> file". (my x windows system works normally.)

Check your mount options. You'll need the 'exec' option to run executables
from CDROMs.
This is a generic Unix issue - not related to Oracle, so you probably won't
find much about it on Oracle's sites.

If you downloaded Oracle9i from OTN, double check that you downloaded
for the right unix version (It needs to say Linux).

> the runInstaller in the error msg is that one under
> /Disk1/install/linux. so what can I do to solve this problem?

   Peter  Larsen