Booting Linux from DOS partition

I have a win98 computer with only a harddisk and network card.

I have a backup scheme running under linux.

In order to boot the rh9 setup environment nl. vmlinuz and initrd from the install directory I want to bootload these fromm the harddisk under DOS.

I know that loadlin could boot a linux kernel from a running DOS machine. But up until now I only found that it is not able to load an initrd.

Does anyone know if I can use loadlin or another bootloader to boot vmlinuz and initrd from a DOS-running machine??

Regards, Koos.

PS. Opening the machine and temporarily attaching a floppy-drive is not realy an option.