RE: sendmail.mc request

You failed to mention what release of redhat/sendmail your are using.

With this in mind, the redhat supplied sendmail.mc (at least rh8 or rh9)
will have a SMART_HOST feature already added , but disabled (commented).
Simply remove the "dnl" and change smtp.your.provider to your ISP's. Then
recreate your sendmail.cf.

dnl define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp.your.provider')

As for masquerading... you need to be a little more specific. Exactly what
are you trying to masquerade? show maillog or e-mail header examples.

Steve Cowles