Removing old Kernels

I have been keeping my 8.0 system up to date with the Up2Date software. Very slick. However the root partition has now run out of space. I suppose I could edit the /etc/grub.conf file to remove references to the old kernels and then manually remove the associated files of which I am aware. I imagine there is a way to do it with a command like "rpm -e <package_name>" but I am not sure of the package name or if it would take all the necessary steps to delete the associated files and modify grub.conf. Can anyone help me?

Paul
--
Paul Kleeberg
paul fpen org