Re: Problems with new glibc

At 11:15 AM 11/19/2003 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 23:23, John Ketchum wrote:
> At 08:49 AM 11/18/2003 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
> >On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 02:36, John Ketchum wrote:
> > > I went away for a week, and while I was away, apt-get upgraded glibc
> > > packages to 2.3.2-4.80.8 on my RH8 machine.  X is now broken
> >
> >There should be an even newer glibc out by now that fixes this problem.
> I'm having this problem with the latest release.  I just checked and there
> is not a more recent one available.
> I fixed the problem (for the moment) by down-grading to the previous
> version of glibc.

Your options then are:

1. stay with the downgraded glibc
2. upgrade to the latest redhat kernel and see if that works

I'm running that now. Doesn't seem to make any difference whether I'm running the latest RH kernel, an earlier RH kernel, or a custom compiled kernel

3. set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL to ...?

Don't understand this option...can you point me to more info?

4. upgrade to fedora!
Hmmmm.. might be an option...what's the difference between fedora and RH9?

I tried to find the messages that listed various problems and how to fix
them with the latest glibc update, but I couldn't find it...

Just a thought, did you upgrade to the correct arch version of glibc?

Iain Buchanan <iain pcorp nospam com au>

HTTPD Error 666 : BOFH was here