Re: Kill user login session

Thanks for the help.  Nothing I tried worked so I just rebooted the
server.  ps -ef didn't show any processes for the user.  "who" showed
the login date as Oct 13 but there were no processes with that date.  So
I just kicked it in the head.

Thanks again

Automatically inserted lawyer supplied blurb follows.

>>> chris chris-s com 10/15/03 14:15 PM >>>
if you type "ps -ef" you will see all the processes running from all
If your user is still logged on, look for the shell process id, then you
can use "kill -9 PID" to kill that process.

ps -ef

root     20546  1330  0 10:40 ?        00:00:00 [sshd]
user     20547 20546  0 10:40 pts/0    00:00:00 -bash

kill -9 20546

**********CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE**********
The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
privileged and is intended for the sole use of the individual or
organization named above.  If you are not the intended recipient or an
authorized representative of the intended recipient, any review, copying
or distribution of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, is prohibited.
immediately by return e-mail and delete this message from your system.