Re: Tape Backup device not found error when using mt

Martinez, Michael wrote:

Do I need to set up mt to find, recognize or scan the drive first?  How
would I do that, man mt is pretty cryptic.

Thanks.

mt -f /dev/st0 rewind

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/st0 bs=1048576

You need to have the st module loaded. Try an lsmod |grep st

Is this a new scsi card? Have you checked for proper termination of the scsi bus? When you installed the DLT, did kudzu recognize it and ask you if you wanted to configure it?