RE: Tape Backup device not found error when using mt

Hi thanks Michael,

>You need to have the st module loaded. Try an   lsmod |grep st

>Is this a new scsi card? Have you checked for proper termination of the
>scsi bus? When you installed the DLT, did kudzu recognize it and ask you
>if you wanted to configure it?

I got...

st                     31628   0  (autoclean) (unused)
scsi_mod              107576   3  [st aacraid sd_mod]

Yes it's a new card, just installed today, it's an Adaptec 39160 Ultra 160
SCSI controller.  Yes kudzu did recognize it and I could config but just let
it default.  Actually I don't think it's configurable because the manual
said it's auto config with a preset scsi ID of 7.