RE: Kernel Freeze RH8.0

Title: RE: Kernel Freeze RH8.0

Have you tried 'dmesg' to see what the kernel is "saying?"  Also look at your boot.log files in /var/log

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Knelsen [mailto:dknelsen shaw ca]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 1:10 PM
To: psyche-list redhat com
Subject: Kernel Freeze RH8.0

I have received and updated the Kernel for my system several times.

I am running  version 2.4.18-27.8.0 without any problems at all.

I have upgraded to versions 2.4.20-18.8 , 2.4.20-19.8.0 and 2.4.20-20.8
via the RHN up2date facility and for some reason all versions load
after  the one which I am currently running freeze up the computer
completely, NO MOUSE or KEYBOARD action at all.  This freeze up takes
from 30 minutes to a few hours to occur, a Power down and reboot is the
only way to get it back up.
With version 2.4.18-27.8.0 I
can leave the computer running all day without a freeze.

Anyone else have this problem and is there a known fix for it.

Thank you

Psyche-list mailing list
Psyche-list redhat com