RE: MD5 checksum server OS check

Hi Charles,

OK the gpg key and the MD5SUM file, do I download these from the RH site,
or do they already come on my RH 8 distribution disks?  WHere on disk or
site would they be located?  Or is the MD5SUM file the actual file that
I am testing against the distribution disks?

I read at http://userpages.umbc.edu/~mabzug1/cs/md5/md5.html that MD5
is a more reliable way to test data integrity, if I do MD5 checks is
a checksum test redundant?