[publican-list] Proposed changes to Book_Info.xml

Joshua Wulf jwulf at redhat.com
Thu Aug 7 04:59:30 UTC 2008

David O'Brien wrote:
> I don't mind the idea of using the build date. I actually prefer that
> to using the Revision History. Build dates (generally) don't lie, but
> writers are responsible for maintaining the Revision History file. I
> think I know which is more reliable  :)

Setting the date of publication at build time:

Pluses:

I don't know how many times I've built a new version of a book and
forgotten to go into yet another xml file and update the date.

Minuses:

Books which are unmodified display a different date if they are rebuilt.

--
Joshua J Wulf
Engineering Content Services
eml: jwulf at redhat.com