[publican-list] Policy Question: When to release?

Mon Nov 17 07:07:36 UTC 2008

Jeff Fearn wrote:

> Obviously if there was a security bug we'd push a new release a.s.a.p.
> At what point should we push a new version for cumulative fixes?

Rule of thumb is when the effect of the cumulative fixes lead to an
enhanced (or, improved but different) user experience in terms of using
and consuming the tool - it might be a good idea to release a version.

No hard and fast rule though. Developers/Maintainers tend to bump a
version out once there are significant improvements in place.