[publican-list] Advice please

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 22:11:13 UTC 2008

Hi Mike,

Mike McGrath wrote:
> I hope my constant use of this list for help isn't becoming irksome.

This is what the list is for :)

 >  I'm
> having a bit of a format issue, and one I've tried a bunch of different
> things to correct.
>
> Take a look:
>
> http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/csi/html-single/#HostIptables-Standard-Introduction-Prerequisites
>
> http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/standard.xml (source)
>
> I've got a seg list generating that.  I need to figure out a format to
> basically allow for the following fields.
>
> Complete
>
> Requirement
>
> Action
>
> Config
>
> Comment
>

> As you can see this almost works except the comment fields are generally
> crazy.  I'd expect all the other fields to generally be short.  Even the
> Config item is usually not very long.  Even if I could get the comment
> section below the normal line in its own box (I just don't know how).
>
> I'm open to completely changing how I'm doing it there but my inexperience
> with docbook is showing through here and I'd hate to write too much more
> only to have more to change later.  Any suggestions?

Text in tables always causes problems, the problems increase with number of
columns and text length :(

command in XML becomes code in HTML, code is a verbatim tag and won't wrap. You
could try changing command to userinput or parameter.

We have a couple of information design people in the office, I will go poke them
for you if that doesn't work :D

Cheers, Jeff.