[publican-list] Adjusting copyright information

Mikhail Gusarov dottedmag at dottedmag.net
Wed Aug 26 08:15:52 UTC 2009

Twas brillig at 10:13:33 26.08.2009 UTC+10 when jfearn at redhat.com did gyre and gimble:

 JF> I removed this as I checked some other README files and none
 JF> contained copyright clauses.

[..] cool, thanks.

 >> datadir/Common_Content/*: no copyright/license information

 JF> hmm that content is all GFDL license, anyone know if I need to
 JF> specify this per file or can I do it in one place?

IANAL, but this can be specified in single file, like
Common_Content/common/README: "all the data in this directory is under
GFDL", but better check with your legal department.

 >> datadir/fop/fop.xconf: Apache-2 license, no copyright
 >> information. Probably (c) 1999-2008 The Apache Software Foundation
 >> as taken from fop.

 JF> Maybe we should rewrite this file?

Only if you want a single license. IMHO, it's ok to have this file
(except, Apache-2 requires LICENSE and NOTICE files in top of source
tree).

--
  http://fossarchy.blogspot.com/