[publican-list] Formatting Articles, a discussion of BZ #494147

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Tue Dec 8 22:45:46 UTC 2009

Sorry -- I must have missed this reply last week.

On 12/04/2009 12:06 PM, Jeffrey Fearn wrote:
> Ruediger Landmann wrote:
>> Also -- would it be possible to allow the abstract to be switched on
>> and off? An abstract is a normal feature in a tech report or journal
>> article, but not so well suited to a how-to (like this example) or,
>> say, a product sheet.
>
> This is what the class attribute is for ... I thought we were talking
> about what the default article should look like?

Indeed we are, and so the answer seems to be that yes, we could leave it
to the class to determine the presence or absence of the Abstract
(depending on what was set as the default).

In which case, I'd suggest leaving the abstract visible in the default
article, leaving it to be turned off in various classes where it's not
appropriate.

What do you (and anybody else) think of
http://rlandmann.fedorapeople.org/artdemo/ as a default article now?

Cheers