[publican-list] Cannot build publican 1.3, "mismatched tag"?

Andrzej Giniewicz gginiu at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 14:38:29 UTC 2009

Hello,

I remember hearing about Publican back on Libre Graphics Meeting in
2008, it was still in very early stage back then, but I tried it. I
was able to build it back then, but it wasn't ready in my opinion so I
decided to wait some time. Now I wanted to give 1.3 another shot, but
wasn't able to build it. After solving lots of perl dependencies, perl
Build.PL seemed to end well, but I'm getting errors, i.e. one tag is
missing - close of ulink in some documents that are built as part of
build process. Any ideas what I might be missing?

Thanks in advance,
Andrzej.

PS.: I would open ticket for it, but there is only place to open
tickets related to Fedora or Red Hat, what is right place to open
general (not related to any particular distribution)
issues/troubles/bugs/etc? Or maybe will this mailing list do?

I'm pasting build results below:

[giniu at raven3 Publican-1.3]$ perl Build.PL
Creating custom builder _build/lib/My/Builder.pm in _build/lib/My
Checking whether your kit is complete...
Looks good

Checking prerequisites...
Looks good

Creating new 'Build' script for 'Publican' version '1.3'
[giniu at raven3 Publican-1.3]$ ./Build
Copying lib/Publican/TreeView.pm -> blib/lib/Publican/TreeView.pm
Copying lib/Publican/CreateBook.pm -> blib/lib/Publican/CreateBook.pm
Copying lib/Publican.pm -> blib/lib/Publican.pm
Copying lib/Publican/XmlClean.pm -> blib/lib/Publican/XmlClean.pm
Copying lib/Publican/Translate.pm -> blib/lib/Publican/Translate.pm
Copying lib/Publican/CreateBrand.pm -> blib/lib/Publican/CreateBrand.pm
Copying lib/Publican/Localise.pm -> blib/lib/Publican/Localise.pm
Copying lib/Publican/Builder.pm -> blib/lib/Publican/Builder.pm
Copying bin/publican -> blib/script/publican
Setting up ar-SA
	PO file 'ar-SA/Legal_Notice.po' not found! Using base XML!
	Processing file tmp/ar-SA/xml_tmp/Conventions.xml

mismatched tag at line 11, column 3, byte 800:
	<para>
	In PDF and paper editions, this manual uses typefaces drawn from the
<ulink url="https://fedorahosted.org/liberation-fonts/">Liberation
Fonts set. The Liberation Fonts set is also used in HTML editions if
the set is installed on your system. If not, alternative but
equivalent typefaces are displayed. Note: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
and later includes the Liberation Fonts set by default.
	</para>
==^

	<section>
 at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/XML/Parser.pm line 187