[publican-list] Re: <section status="draft"> ignored

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Wed Jan 14 04:15:51 UTC 2009

David O'Brien wrote:
> Eric Christensen wrote:

> I'm coming in late to this discussion, but I think the idea is to mark
> the entire document draft, and then use <remark> tags to identify the
> specific sections that have yet to be verified. As each identified
> section is verified, remove the <remark> tags until none remain, at
> which time you can remove the DRAFT status.
>
> Jeff, pls correct me if this is not the idea.

Hi David, you are correct.

I can't remember the exact arguments against being able to mark bits of your
document as draft, so I will do a poor job of para phrasing!

When you remove draft from the root node, you are saying the book, in it's
entirety, is complete. You can not have incomplete bits in a complete book,
therefore marking only bits of a book as draft is a mixed metaphor and is wrong.

That's probably a pretty dumb explanation of the reasoning, but I've been sick for
almost 2 weeks now and that's all I've got.

Cheers, Jeff.

P.S. David for some reason your email to the list got bounced, I'll get Murray to
have a look at it.