[publican-list] and the repository is where?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Jul 10 15:35:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009, Eric Christensen wrote:

> Bugzilla really isn't a nightmare (takes me about 10 seconds to
> submit a patch).  It provides us an easy way of tracking patches and
> making sure that everything happens.

  *sigh*.  i have no problem using BZ if i've found what i think is a
significant issue, whereupon i *will* be as complete and detailed as
possible because i want someone else more knowledgeable to take care
of it.

  in *this* case, however, it actually takes less time to just create
a patch of the appropriate form (of which i am still uncertain since
no one has confirmed exactly what form of patch is proper on this ML)
and just post it to the list so someone can apply it.

  seriously, if i have to go thru BZ to submit these types of patches,
i'm not going to bother with any of it.  i save BZ for reports that
*matter*.  i have no intention of inflicting BZ on myself for
correcting trivial errors or typoes.

rday

"Kernel Newbie Corner" column @ linux.com:          http://cli.gs/WG6WYX