[publican-list] Custom Header/Footer

Jeffrey Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 03:24:34 UTC 2009

Paul Morgan wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 03:52:12PM -0500, Josh Kayse wrote:
>> I'm attempting to switch our documentation to publican at my workplace
>> and was wondering if publican supports custom headers/footers on each
>> page for PDF output or top and bottom of HTML output.  Could I use the
>> override.css for the HTML output?  We want to include something like "Our
>> Company" at the top and bottom of each page.
>
> Here's a stylesheet I hacked together that has running footers and
> headers. The stylesheet belongs in a "brand" directory, such as
> /usr/share/publican/xsl/mybrand/pdf.xsl

Nice! This is the correct approach, make your own brand and over ride
the default settings.

See:

http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/Publican/sect-Users_Guide-Creating_a_brand.html
http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/Publican/sect-Users_Guide-Files_in_the_brand_directory-The_css_subdirectory.html

Hey Rudi, we need to add a section on the xsl directory and how to over
ride the default XSL for different formats.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Software Engineer