[publican-list] Creating a custom brand - can't get working

Alastair Sherringham sherringham at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 19:59:51 UTC 2010

Hello,

Forgive me if I'm doing something wrong - I probably am.

Publican 1.6.2
Ubuntu 9.10

I am trying to use a custom brand but cannot seem to get it working.
None of my image branding is appearing, only the stock "common"
images. Where am I going wrong?

I have a brand created via :

publican create_brand --name=Acme

--> publican-Acme/

I edited some files (SETUP), modified some CSS and one or two images :

publican-Acme/en-US/css/overrides.css
publican-Acme/en-US/images/

Copy brand folder to be under Common_Content :

cp -r publican-Acme /usr/share/publican/Common_Content/

Now - test using the brand in a manual I am writing :

Add line to "publican.cfg" :

brand: publican-Acme

Build :

publican build --formats=html --langs=en-US

I get the CSS changes, but not the images in :

tmp/en-US/html/Common_Content/images/

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

--