[publican-list] Per-product landing page

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Mon Aug 30 01:04:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 10:41 +1000, Joshua Wulf wrote:
> With Publican website, is it possible to land on product page, where
> all the versions of a single product are linked?

No. There is a BZ for this, discussions on how to handle it are ongoing.

ATM we are leaning towards:

* having a page with a blurb about the product [1]
* automating the nav menu to open the product
* automate the nav menu to open to books you land on [2]
* stop hiding the formats in the menu [3]

[1] This would work similar to home pages.

[2] This is so if you send a link to a particulate page you get the
product and version revealed in he menu. existing books would need to be
rebuilt to add this functionality.

[3] So you can click on the format you want without going to
html-chunked first.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Software Engineer

Sure our competitors can rebuild the source but can they engage the customer the same way? -wmealing