[publican-list] 1.99: translation(?) to SA drops </ulink> end tag

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Tue Jun 1 04:19:22 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 06:08 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> ok, i'm not sure what the deal is here.  here's the original XML
> file datadir/Common_Content/common/en-US/Conventions.xml:
>
> ... In PDF and paper editions, this manual uses typefaces drawn from
> the <ulink url="https://fedorahosted.org/liberation-fonts/">Liberation
> Fonts</ulink> set. ...
>
>   and here's the cause of a ./Build error in file
> datadir/Common_Content/common/tmp/ar-SA/xml_tmp/Conventions.xml:
>
> ... In PDF and paper editions, this manual uses typefaces drawn from
> the <ulink url="https://fedorahosted.org/liberation-fonts/">Liberation
> Fonts set. ...
>
>   is there a reason that </ulink> end tag has disappeared?

There are a couple of patches required to upstream modules:
https://fedorahosted.org/publican/#Patchesforrequiredpackages

This sounds like the HTML::TreeBuilder bug.

FYI I'm currently in the, rather drawn out, process of taking over these
upstream modules so I can release patched versions, when that happens
I'll bump the version requirements and this should go away forever!

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Software Engineer

Sure our competitors can rebuild the source but can they engage the customer the same way? -wmealing