[publican-list] Build error with Publican 1.6 from source

Alastair Sherringham sherringham at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 08:39:34 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am looking into various documentation processes and came across
Publican. I downloaded Publican 1.6 source from :

https://fedorahosted.org/releases/p/u/publican/Publican-1.6.tar.gz

I am using Ubuntu 9.10.

However, I had problems building (using README as a guide).

$ perl Build.PL
Creating new 'MYMETA.yml' with configuration results
Creating new 'Build' script for 'Publican' version '1.6'

$ ./Build
Building Publican
Setting up ar-SA
       PO file 'ar-SA/Legal_Notice.po' not found! Using base XML!
       Processing file tmp/ar-SA/xml_tmp/Conventions.xml

mismatched tag at line 11, column 3, byte 800 at
/usr/lib/perl5/XML/Parser.pm line 187

If I change line 72 of Build.PL from :

$builder->build(
       { formats => 'xml', langs => 'all', publish => 1 } );

$builder->build(
       { formats => 'xml', langs => 'en-US', publish => 1 } );

It builds OK.

Is it required or expected to set-up for every language by default?

Cheers,

--
Alastair Sherringham