[publican-list] RFC: Supporting RevisionFlag attribute

misty at redhat.com misty at redhat.com
Thu May 6 22:31:56 UTC 2010

I'm concerned about the way that this RevisionFlag feature would affect the workflow of the content authors.

I don't know if everyone works the same way, but I do a lot of in-place sentence reworking. If I understand this correctly, I would need to either mark each sentence I change as revised, or mark a whole paragraph at a time as revised even if I only change a few words. I'm unclear whether I would need to copy/paste so that I'd have the old version still in the document, or how that would work.

Can we please have some more info on the way this would work from the author's point of view? I do appreciate that it would make QE's (and engineering's) job easier.

Misty