[publican-list] is publican-1.99 available to play with under ubuntu?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon May 31 09:29:16 UTC 2010

On Sun, 30 May 2010, Misty Stanley-Jones wrote:

> ----- "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>
> >   taking a stab at installing 1.99 on my ubuntu 10.04 box, the
> > following *seems* to have done it but i'm willing to be corrected --
> > i'm still new at ubuntu.
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> If you can verify that this worked for you, I think it would be very
> helpful for you to write up a guide that other people can use.
> Thanks for all of the time you have put into it so far!

  FWIW, as i have a tendency to wiki everything so i know where to
find it later, i've dashed off what i've done here:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Building_Publican_1.99_on_Ubuntu_10.04

i'm sure there's a much simpler way to do this, but it's at least an
educational experience for me as i'm a long-time fedora person but
new to ubuntu so a lot of my issues involve me just getting used to
the ubuntu way of doing things.

rday