[publican-list] Code Samples highlighting colours

Jeffrey Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Mon Oct 18 00:48:44 UTC 2010

Ryan Lerch wrote:
>  I was looking at the updated styles for <programlisting>s and noticed
> that some of the colours used to highlight the different elements of
> code in them can be a little hard to see (and sometimes a bit jarring)
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts on the current default colours used,

They are bad.

Here is the existing pallet in cut down form:

Alert:    #0000ff
BaseN:    #007f00
BString:  #5C3566
Char:     #ff00ff
Comment:  #FF00FF
DataType: #0000ff
DecVal:   #00007f
Error:    #ff0000
Float:    #00007f
Function: #007f00
IString:  #5C3566
Keyword:  #002F5D
Operator: #ffa500
Others:   #b03060
RegionMarker: #96b9ff
Reserved: #9b30ff
String:   #5C3566
Variable: #0000ff
Warning:  #0000ff

The exact mapping is language specific, you have to read the individual
modules to know the exact mapping, but it's probably better to try and
abstract from that.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>