[publican-list] Possible alternative to FOP!

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Fri Aug 26 06:29:13 UTC 2011

On 08/26/2011 03:44 PM, Ruediger Landmann wrote:
> On 08/26/2011 02:17 PM, Jeff Fearn wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone have a book translated in to a right to left language? If
>> so, please provide the SCM URL. I'd like to make some PDFs to see how
>> they work. FOP is not capable of generating PDFs for right to left
>> languages, so this is another area we have been stymied in the past.
>
> The Fedora 13 Release Notes were mostly translated to Hebrew:
>
> git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/release-notes.git
>
> I just built a copy myself; seems to work:
> http://rlandmann.fedorapeople.org/Fedora_13-Release_Notes-he-IL.pdf

hehehe for small values of "I can read Hebrew" :D

Here is a PDF with prettier footers!

http://fedorapeople.org/~jfearn/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-6-Installation_Guide-en-US-TEST.pdf

Thanks to Ryal Lerch for investigating how to do this, still needs some
tweaks, but we have a pretty good handle on how to customise page
footers and headers now!

Cheers, Jeff.