[publican-list] Possible alternative to FOP!

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Tue Aug 30 03:06:03 UTC 2011

On 08/12/2011 02:01 PM, Chester Cheng wrote:
> 於 8/12/2011 1:30 PM, Mike Hideo 提到:
>> On 08/12/2011 12:31 PM, Jeff Fearn wrote:
>>>
>>> http://fedorapeople.org/~jfearn/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-6-Installation_Guide-hi-IN-TEST.pdf
>>>

>> Can someone have the above reviewed and testify to its goodness?
>>
> I tested the ja-JP version.
>
> CSB6 (RHEL 6 64-bit) + Adobe Reader 9.4.2 (English version with language
> pack):
> "There was an error opening this document. The root document is missing
> or invalid."
>
> Windows 7 + Adobe Reader X (Traditional Chinese version with Japanese
> language pack):
> See attachment.

FYI it looks like we are hitting this bug
http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/issues/detail?id=463

I've tested running the following sed command on Linux and it fixed the
issue with acroread loading the PDF:

sed -i -e 's/#00//g' <PDF_FILE>

If we switch, we should be able to factor this work around in to our use
of wkhtmltopdf.

Cheers, Jeff.

http://www.emailreplies.com/#12replytoall