[publican-list] Publican Failure to Resolve Entities in HTML After Upgrading Dep

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Tue Jan 4 22:57:34 UTC 2011

On 01/05/2011 08:17 AM, Douglas Silas wrote:
> To everyone using Publican:
>
> There is a package upgrade (on F14 at least) for
>
>   perl-HTML-Tree.noarch 1:3.23-11.fc14
>
> to be upgraded to:
>
> perl-HTML-Tree.noarch 1:4.1-1.fc14
>
> However, it appears that doing so causes entities not to be resolved
> in built HTML; you end up with &HOLDER;, &YEAR; and so forth. For the
> present time, I advise not upgrading that package.
>
> If you have already upgraded, you can downgrade using yum downgrade.

Thanks for the heads-up Silas

Publican depends on perl-HTML-Tree and a related module,
perl-XML-TreeBuilder. New versions for both are available and making
their way through Fedora updates. It seems that updating one without the
other creates the scenario that you and Allen have noted.

I recommend:

1. Update perl-HTML-Tree to the new version (4.1-1)

2. Download and install the new version of perl-XML-TreeBuilder from
Koji (4.0-3) [1]

3. If Publican then works again as expected, log into the Fedora update
system (Bodhi) with your Fedora account and leave positive Karma for
perl-XML-TreeBuilder.[2]  This ensures that the package sees general
release as quickly as possible.

Cheers
Rudi

[1] Fedora 14 --