[publican-list] ask help for "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded"

dennisg dennis.gao at turbolinux.com.cn
Wed Apr 18 09:19:10 UTC 2012

Hi Jeff,

Thanks a lot for your replay.

I added the jvm options in the java.conf:
JAVACMD_OPTS=-Xms200m -Xmx1024m -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit

but it does not work...

And you mentioned that maybe I can use wkhtmltopdf instead of FOP.

> If you are using publican >= 2.8 you could try installing wkhtmltopdf,
> it might handle the larger book size better. Once it's installed
> publican will detect it and use that instead of FOP.

I download a static version of wkhtmltopdf, from the official website.
Is it ok? How publican to detect the wkhtmltopdf?

Best Regards,
Dennis GAO