[publican-list] annoying perl warnings with publican 2.9

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Mon Feb 27 10:46:44 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am running publican 2.9 (publican-2x, commit r2011) and it spews lots
of warnings on me:

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/Publican/Builder.pm line 724.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/Publican/Builder.pm line 732.
[ ... Several duplicates of the above warnings ... ]
Use of uninitialized value $product in string eq at /usr/share/perl5/Publican/Builder.pm line 2273.
Use of uninitialized value $RPM_VERSION in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/Publican/Builder.pm line 860.
Use of uninitialized value $RPM_RELEASE in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/Publican/Builder.pm line 860.

And this even if the product name is set in the XML, etc. In any case, it
should either fail when some important information is missing and properly
initialize unset variables otherwise.

Thank you. Let me know if you prefer that I file this in a ticket.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer