[publican-list] Rev History in Publican 3

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Tue Mar 20 07:08:35 UTC 2012

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012, Jeff Fearn wrote:
> On 03/20/2012 09:59 AM, Joshua Wulf wrote:
> >Hi, Is the Revision History revnumber format in Publican 3 backwards-incompatible with 2.x?
>
> Correct. P2 allowed a format that produced invalid change log
> entries [1]. P3 has been fixed to ensure that change log entries
> validate with rpmlint.

Now I understand that the history is required only to build a RPM package
of the doc.

In Publican 2.x that file was optional. And now it seems to be required.
Can you make it optional again?

It's a pain to have to create such a file when you don't need one or don't
want one.

BTW, it would also be nice if it supported a Book_Info.xml merged in the
main document instead of having it separated. This makes it easier to use
publican to build documentation out of a random docbook document...

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer