[publican-list] Moving to GIT! <-- completed

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Fri Mar 30 13:39:06 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012, Jeff Fearn wrote:
> On 03/02/2012 02:44 PM, Jeff Fearn wrote:
> >Hi all, after putting this off for ages I've contacted Fedora
> >Infrastructure to have our hosting moved to git. Not exactly sure of the
> >timing, but I'll let you all know when it's done.
> >
> >https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3168
>
> Hi Everybody! The move to git is complete. The SVN repo has been put
> in read only mode for prosperity.
>
> Anonymous checkout: git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/publican.git
> Commit access: git clone ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/publican.git
> Web view:  http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/publican.git

I wanted to mention another weird choice... usually one git repo = one
project only. IMO the repository should be split in multiple repositories,
one for publican and one for each brand/document. Contrary to subversion,
git does not allow partial checkouts so it's annoying to not have a
dedicated repository per project.

(git submodules can be used to integrate all those repositories in a
higher level repo if needed)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer