[publican-list] How add support for additional output formats

Marcos Lois Bermúdez marcos.discalis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 16:44:00 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm a newbye with publican, but i spent some time with it and it's very
helpfull, i try to advice how add a new output format, i surf the code
in Git but i'm not a Perl expert.

Really that i want is to make a ebook mobi file, yes it's a propietary
format used on Kindle devices, due that this ebook readers are very
popular, i want that this format get generated, so upon my investigation
there are some sources of libraries that generate it and Amazon also
have a command line tool to convert ePub to mobi, so for now i can get
the mobi file from ePub, but how i can make that publican generate a
mobi link in the formats drop-down box?

I try to find info about this on mailing list but i can't find anything,
this question can be useful to add other formats externally generated
that can be added to publican book home page.

Regards.