[publican-list] teaching Publican to emit 'mobi'

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Sun Dec 22 08:00:01 UTC 2013

On Fri, 20 Dec 2013, R P Herrold wrote:
> a single command line friendly tool, suitable for scripting,
> that generates the maximally featureful native formats for
> each?

calibre provides the command line tool ebook-convert.

> Calibre has lost internal cross-references from LaTeX authored
> files de-converted from PDFs to ebook friendly sizes in my
> past experience

In order to get a good .mobi, you need to start with a good .epub.

Note that for publishing on Amazon, they do advise to use their own
conversion tool (KindleGen).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/