[publican-list] wkhtmltopdf can run out of file descriptors

Fintan Bolton fbolton at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 17:00:58 UTC 2013

FYI: Just ran into this problem while building a _large_ PDF file with
publican and wkhtmltopdf. It seems that wkhtmltopdf tends to keep a lot
of file descriptors open at the same time, which can cause you to run
out of file descriptors. The problem is described here:

http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/issues/detail?id=656

Fortunately, one of the workarounds described in that bug report worked
for me. Just increase the limit using 'ulimit -n' (assuming you are
using bash shell). For example, I did

ulimit -n 8192

And the problem was solved (the default limit on my machine is 256).

-
Fintan