[publican-list] Publican 3 failing on Fedora 18

Laura Bailey lbailey at redhat.com
Fri Jan 18 04:57:14 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

I upgraded from Fedora 17 to Fedora 18 today and repackaged Publican 3
only to discover that, while "publican build" still works just fine,
"publican package" results in the following error:

---
Using XML::LibXSLT on /usr/share/publican/xsl/web-spec.xsl
   error: line 51: Too many names: %description  -n Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-Performance_Tuning_Guide-6-en-USThe Performance Tuning Guide describes how to optimize the
   /usr/bin/rpmbuild exited with value 1 at /usr/bin/publican line 924.
 ---

This occurs when Publican is repackaged for Fedora 18 by both:
 * pulling down the .src.rpm file from the latest brew(1) and running
   "rpmbuild --rebuild <publican.src.rpm>"
 * cloning source from the git repo and following the Fedora-based
   instructions in the README

I also tried editing the /usr/share/publican/xsl/web-spec.xsl file to
add an extra line, but it is stripped out during "publican package" and
the same error occurs.

I spoke to jfearn, who suggested that, as Publican 3 hasn't changed
between F17 and F18, the perl module that runs libxslt or libxslt
itself may be to blame. Further googling revealed that LibXSLT
apparently had issues as-shipped in Fedora 18.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. :)

Cheers,
Laura B

(1) http://download.devel.redhat.com/brewroot/packages/publican/3.0.0/0.el6eng/src/publican-3.0.0-0.el6eng.src.rpm

--