[publican-list] Heads up, DocBook5 == GIT repo churn

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 23:36:59 UTC 2013

Hi, I am currently working on DocBooc5 support in the devel branch. This will create quite a bit of churn as I  slice and dice Builder.pm so it's easier to sub class.

I've already started, but there is much more change to come as I decide which bits of logic need to be moved up or down the object chain.

We are going to try and keep the DocBook5 XSL as close as possible to upstream, so I will be starting our overrides  from scratch. This may result in the final output being different from the DocBook 4 output. We will try and minimise this, but it's probably going to have some impact.

ATM I am basing the new output on the upstream HTML5 XSL, we might need to switch back to XHTML, but I thought it's worth a shot testing with the HTML5 output.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Senior Software Engineer