[publican-list] Publican Tools to organise Chapters and sections names automatically

David O'Brien daobrien at redhat.com
Mon Aug 18 22:33:57 UTC 2014

On 08/19/2014 01:30 AM, Frederic Monestel wrote:
> One more question, please,
>
> What editors do DTD validation? And what editor would you
> recommend to write Publican Docbook materials?

That's close to being one of those "which distro is best?" questions :-)

I use Kate on Fedora with xml plug-ins. I know vi and Emacs have
similar capabilities. Some ppl I know use Oxygen. Best bet would be to
google, try a few, and find something that you like and that works for
you.

Good luck~!
David

> Many thanks for your help and keep up the good work!
>
> Fred
>

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 4:27 PM, David O'Brien
> <daobrien at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Fred,
>
> A couple of different error types there:
>
> 1. ID chap-linux_book-Test_Chapter already defined
>
> Errors like that mean you have more than one ID of the same value
> in the same book. IDs need to be unique.
>
> 2. Element listitem content does not follow the DTD
>
> Errors like that mean you haven't provided valid content for the
> xml tags that you've used. The most telling part of the message is
> often at the end, in this case "got ()" which means you used a
> <listitem> tag but didn't put anything in it.
>
> To fix 1. you need to track down all your IDs and make sure they're
>  unique. For my own part, I use "publican clean_ids" but that's
> quite invasive and not for everybody. It does, however, ensure all
> your IDs are unique (at least, it hasn't failed me). Read the doc
> before you use it, and maybe test on a backup copy.
>
> To fix 2. you  need to make sure you use valid content in all your
>  elements. Some editors can help with that if they do DTD
> validation for you.
>
> Hope this helps David

Chap_airport.xml:8: validity error : ID