[publican-list] teaching Publican to emit 'mobi'

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Jan 6 14:56:04 UTC 2014

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014, Jeff Fearn wrote:

> > The conversion tools are nice and all, I guess, but lose live
> > links, images, and more.  Is there a later re-statement of
> > what is entailed in adding /mobi/ as a native output format?
>
> 1: investigate & compare upstream tools
> 2: package selected tool
> 3: integrate selected tool
> 4: test
>
> I'd estimate two weeks dedicated effort.

Thank you

I see 'calibre' already packaged in Fedora for quite some
time, and in RawHide.  I know it cuts a new release weekly,
so this may be an indicator of active development

What other CLI tools on this conversion should I review?
Obviously the 'non-free parts of the Amazon tool are out

-- Russ herrold