[publican-list] RFC: Publican 4.2 changes

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Thu Jul 10 03:19:26 UTC 2014

On 07/10/2014 12:50 PM, Jared MORGAN wrote:
> Hey Jeff
>
> Of particular interest to me is the video playback behavior in Publican 4.2.
>
> I noticed that the first (webm) video started playing automatically, but the other two videos did not begin playing when the page loaded. This solves an issue I currently have with two videos embedded in close
> proximity to each other playing simultaneously. So great work on this.
>
> What I think would be even better is to not automatically play *any* video content upon page load, if that's possible.

You only have as much control of the embedded content as the provider allows.

In this case the embedded video at http://clips.vorwaerts-gmbh.de/VfE.webm specifically sets autoplay="" so it runs automatically.

Unless someone override things this way it will default to not run.

You can control this with most providers by either setting parameters in the DocBook or in the URL.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn
Senior Software Engineer