[publican-list] el6 publican (v2.1) broken with latest libxml2 (2.7.6-14)

Steve Bonneville sbonnevi at redhat.com
Tue May 20 18:17:31 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 10:52:31AM -0700, Kay Williams wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a book that was created using publican 2.1.  Everything was
> working fine until installing the latest version of libxml2 (2.7.6-14)
> and libxml2-python overnight.  Now, attempting to build the book yields
> validity errors for pretty much every file/element/attribute., e.g.
>
> <file>:<line> : validity error : No declaration for element section
> <file>:<line> : validity error : No declaration for element title
> <file>:<line> : validity error : No declaration for element para
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?
>
> Perhaps something has changed in the way the docbook DTD should be
> declared?
>
> If this is a bug, I can post on bugzilla, but wanted to check first to
> see if there is something I can/should change on my end.

This may explain why my publican-2.8 builds are printing

 Beginning work on en-US
 Validation failed:

and then sending load average to the sky on I/O and since I updated
my RHEL 6.5 system overnight.  This is a showstopper issue for me,
if true.  I'll try reverting the yum transaction next.

  -- Steve

--
Steven Bonneville <sbonnevi at redhat.com>
Manager, Platform and Cloud Curriculum Team