[publican-list] Supress section numbering

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Sat Aug 8 03:53:31 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to suppress certain "sections" from
showing their numbers in the the document (i.e., just the "title", and
still show up in the TOC)

I know I can use a "max depth" parameter to control how many levels use
the numbering, but I think that is a global parameter, and I don;t want
to do it globally.

What I am trying to do for a particular section is something like this:

4. Backups

4.1 Backup Devices

Tape Drives

USB Drives

and have the TOC show up like this:

   4.1. Backup Devices..... 3
       Tape Drives......... 3
       USB Drives.......... 3

But in other sections, I would still want that 3rd-layer of numbering
(e.g., "5.1.1"), so I don't want to disable it completely

It's not a big deal if this can't be done, but I just thought i would ask.

Thanks! :-)

Regards,

Alan