[publican-list] Fedora: Brand not honoured in PDF

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Thu Aug 4 23:09:25 UTC 2016

On 02/08/16 00:06, Erich Steinböck wrote:

>> Can wkhtmltopdf do indexes properly yet?
>> I've had problems with it in my pdf indexes where it creates indexes which
>> are just pages of links html style rather than a tidy list of page numbers?
>>
> With wkhtmltopdf 0.12.3 (with patched qt) the index of one of our books is
> (by default, no idea if this can be changed) now a single-column list of
> links, not page numbers.  Thus it grew from 63 pages with fop to 130 pages
> now ..
>
> It also, if I remember correctly, not do multiple indexes.
>>
> No idea about multiple indexes
>
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Norman Dunbar <Norman at dunbar-it.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> Afternoon all,
>>
>> Can wkhtmltopdf do indexes properly yet? I've had problems with it in my
>> pdf indexes where it creates indexes which are just pages of links html
>> style rather than a tidy list of page numbers? It also, if I remember
>> correctly, not do multiple indexes.

The index is generated by the DocBook XSL and not wkhtmltopdf, you can
view the html generated and play with the css to get the layout you
want, then add that to you overrides.css, or open a bug with a patch for
the pdfmain-css.tmpl :)

$ firefox ./tmp/en-US/html-pdf/index.html

Remember that wkhtmltopdf uses an older browser engine to render, so
don't get too fancy with the CSS ;)

I haven't looked in to being able to convert internal links to page
numbers, if I had time to spend on it I'd look at doing it in the footer
javascript, and if that's not possible then it'd have to be a hack on
wkhtmltopdf.

Cheers, Jeff.

P.S. If anyone wants to modify the tmpl file the docs are at
http://template-toolkit.org/docs/index.html

--
Jeff Fearn
Senior Software Engineer