[Pulp-dev] Suggestion: Start using string format instead of Django templating in generation of repodata

Elyezer Rezende erezende at redhat.com
Mon Aug 29 13:59:12 UTC 2016

I saw the benchmark data provided on the issue and it seems reasonable to
me.

Also regarding the usage of unicode a good practice is to use the unicode
sandwich [1] "bytes on the outside, Unicode on the inside". Importing
unicode_literals may be dangerous, but it is a really good step into
porting/supporting Python 3.

The feedback I am providing is as a pure Python developer, since I don't
know much about Pulp internals I may not be considering all the points
around the proposed improvement. Please take with a grain of salt.

[1] http://nedbatchelder.com/text/unipain.html

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 12:03 PM, Filip Dobrovolny <fdobrovo at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi all, I have an idea for enhancing the performance of pulp_rpm publish
> which would require simpler escaping of special characters and is a lot
> faster.
>
> I would love to hear what do you think about this.
>
> https://pulp.plan.io/issues/2169
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Filip Dobrovolny.

Elyézer Rezende