[Pulp-dev] How does the Developer Ansible Playbook Identify Dependencies?

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Sat Dec 10 18:47:19 UTC 2016

I ran into this issue [0] where vagrant up (master of pulp/devel) was not
installing Kobo. Kobo is listed[1] as a dependency in the spec file on
2.10-dev, and I thought the Ansible dev playbook inspected the spec file
for each plugin and platform and dnf installed those items. I was surprised
when it was not installed by the Ansible playbook.

I thought this line would do it which installs pulp-server [2] via rpm
which should bring in kobo as a dependency.

* Do others expect ansible dev to install pulp-server dependencies listed
in the pulp.spec
* Any insight into why this didn't happen?
* Can someone explain to me how our dependencies are supposed to be treated
by the dev Ansible playbook?

[0]: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/2481
[1]:
https://github.com/pulp/pulp/blob/60e85bf4383a8c0bc5ef054c42bfc3928777fd80/pulp.spec#L382