[Pulp-dev] #2186 (pulp-manage-db) options

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 03:36:14 UTC 2016

I like option 2 a lot. I'm in favor of revising the story to have it
implement this. It should display to the user how long it's going to wait,
as in: "Waiting 17 more seconds to ensure no Pulp workers are running." I
don't think we need a fancy countdown of any kind. Maybe print a "." every
second if you want extra credit.

Option 1 could make it more difficult for someone to automate the upgrade.
The overall experience of option 2 seems more user-friendly.

I like that both of these can be implemented and make a difference for a
user's next upgrade, rather than needing to use another upgrade just to get
data quality straightened out.

Thanks for adding new ideas!

Michael