[Pulp-dev] Recovering Vagrant Box Data after Host Restart

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Wed Dec 28 17:27:40 UTC 2016

I had a Vagrant box with meaningful data from a long running test, but my
host system lost power. Once power was restored to my host, I didn't want
to `vagrant up` again to loose my configuration and data of Pulp inside the
vagrant environment. To fix this I:

# destroyed the virbr0 interface
sudo ifconfig virbr0 down
sudo brctl delbr virbr0

# Started the vagrant network for libvirt
 sudo virsh net-start vagrant-libvirt

# Manually powered on the VM using `virt-manager`

# Was able to ssh in and get my data out

The thing preventing Pulp from running in my environment was the ~/devel/
directory was not NFS mounted. I'm not sure what manual commands I could
use in that situation without running the playbook that would resolve this.