[Pulp-dev] RFC: new redmine project for pulp 3 ?

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 21:24:31 UTC 2016

I would like to continue using our existing Redmine projects as we
transition from 2.y to 3.y. I think users will be even more confused in our
already confusing Redmine. Also I want to keep the Redmine
Care-And-Feeding™ to a minimum.

I can understand the challenge in currently tracking a "pulp 3 MVP" vs
"pulp 3 after-MVP" issue. I have a few ideas in this area:

* Let's not spend any time/energy on Pulp 3 post MVP things. This is an
opportunity cost argument, and any time spent planning for after the MVP
delays the MVP.
* If we absolutely have to have a way to enter and track those things we
can make a 'Pulp 3 Future Feature' or 'Pulp 3 After MVP'. There are only a
few (like ~2) issues like this that I know of.
* Maybe renaming the 'Pulp 3' tag to 'Pulp 3 MVP' would be good?
* We can probably delete the prefactor tag. I think that ship has sailed.

In terms of how to deal with the fact that almost all of our bugs won't be
relevant to Pulp3, as we are closer to the Pulp3 release date we can put
together a simple plan then. I don't think a new Redmine project will help
us with this work and more than a mass tag would for example.

Thoughts?