[Pulp-dev] Upcoming epel6 Dependency Issues

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 21:38:54 UTC 2016

In the EPSCO meeting today it was agreed that Django14 is to be retired no
earlier than Jan 31, 2017 and no later than March 31 2017. It's not present
from the minutes[0] but it is in the full log[1]. I was told an official
announcement will be sent to epel-devel soon.

Once we have an official statement, what if we were to put up a blog post
with the following 3 things:
* A brief outline of how this change would affect Pulp usage on EL6
* A outline of several options our users have
* Get feedback from users. We could enable comments on that blog post and
ask our users to go comment on it or reply to the e-mail we'll send to
pulp-list with a link to the blog post.

Do these kinds of next steps make any sense? What are some other approaches
or next steps that would be good/better?

[0]: https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2016-11-09/
epel.2016-11-09-18.29.html
[1]: https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2016-11-09/
epel.2016-11-09-18.29.log.html